Thursday, February 21, 2013

Wednesday, February 20
Day 38

It's a cold morning, with wind, like yesterday.  I still walked here from The Lodge and the fresh air felt good but the wind went right through me.  John is eating breakfast now but was ravenous when I arrived.  I had almonds and granola so he had some things to eat before his tray arrived.

Food has been a problem.  At first he was on a cardiac diet: low Salt, lite margarine...why?  His was not a cardiac issue.  Then with the diminished kidney function, a renal diet; no potatoes, tomatoes, oranges, bananas...all are too high in Potassium.  Repeatedly the renal diet has been discontinued but it never makes it into his chart.

Sandra Diaz wanted to drop off some food and asked what I wanted:  BEANS!  LENTILS!  So on Monday, I fed John some pinto beans. He said, "This is the first real food I've had since I've been here!"  Today we tried her lentils and again he exclaimed at how good they tasted!

Natasha should be here by evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment