Saturday, February 2, 2013

Sabbath, February 2
Day 20



This is the same as my e-mail and facebook post today...

It is Sabbath morning and we are doing OK today.  John is sitting up but is very uncomfortable and keeps squiggling around in the chair, meaning he is getting stronger.   But he is, oh, so thin.  I still have not talked to his doctor so it is difficult to give a good report.  I shared some Bible promises with him, like Ephesians 3:20 which says He will do more than we would dare to ask or hope even.  I asked, "How's your faith today, John?"  And he said, "It's better than yesterday!"  Dialysis yesterday was difficult. 

Yesterday he said a couple funny things.  "I am all defibrillized." 

"If someone wants to do me a favor, put in 2 sets of lungs." 

"Can you imagine a torture chamber?"

"We need to pray about mission possible here."

Bev shared Isaiah 43:10 which says that John and I are 1) His witnesses, 2) His servants, 3) We've been chosen to know Him, to believe Him, and to know that He is God.  That's a pretty high calling.  So, I said, "I'll trust you today, Abba-Daddy."  One step at a time. 

Angela came to comfort and be with me last night and we will be together today.  Shortly she is going to take me to church.  I'll appreciate the diversion.  She said he has always been handsome and he is still handsome and he said, "You shouldn't be drinking on Friday nights."

Last night, when Angela brought us food about 6, the attendant asked, "Who is she?  Is she some sort of celebrity or something?  She has so many people coming to see her and bringing her things."   Angela told him my husband is a pastor and that there are many friends from her churches who love them and even people from the local churches who come.  He was amazed!

Sabbath blessings!

1 comment: