Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Still Monday

Barnes Lodge is a place for people like us who are far from home, where we can have a sleeping room and access to the central kitchen and living areas.  I took a few pictures to show you how simple my room is.  I pay $30 for the first single bed, $30 for the second, then $10 for up to three futons for the floor.  In the picture below you see the messed up futon on the floor.

I had thrown away the flowers that were left of the bouquet from Rolla Church.  Smart-alec Winston pulled it out of the trash and presented it to Karissa as a token of his love....my, did we laugh at that!

What we appreciate so  much about the Lodge is the kitchen.  We have a couple shelves for our cold food and a pantry for the rest.  We eat breakfast there and then I usually bring my lunch with me and ask the nurses to warm up my leftovers in their staff kitchen.  People from the Central Seventh-day Adventist Church, which is just a couple miles from here, have brought wonderful food for us;  Korean, Indian, Italian, and good ol' comforting Chicken Pot Pie.  Angela, my friend and the pastor's wife, has brought me little odds and ends that I have wanted like olive oil, margarine, and then friends  have brought small items I've requested as well. After eating out and in the cafe that first week, the home-made healthier food has been great!

I've had very little time to sit and enjoy the living areas and TV room.  But having the central kitchen has been worth the expense...we all agree!

In the morning, I usually walk here from the Lodge.  It's probably about three blocks.  In the evening, I take the shuttle back cause they don't want us walking it alone.  Our area is fine but just one street over it isn't supposed to be OK!



No comments:

Post a Comment