Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday, February 5
Day 22


Anna took this picture of me this morning as we took the mile-long walk inside through the enclosed walkways and corridors that 'cobble' this campus together.  One can go almost anywhere without having to go outdoors.  These giraffe are outside the entrance to  Children's Hospital.

John had been taken down to the OR for a very small procedure to insert a chest port so we took our walk while he was gone.  This morning he was smiling and alert, and being his funny self, when I arrived around 8.  After yesterday's multitude of interventions, when he felt too overwhelmed to even have ME in the room, I was glad to see him with eyes open!

The chest port that they inserted today is more long-term and easier for dialysis.  We still believe strongly that John's kidneys will awaken so that dialysis won't be long-term.  But the doctor thinks that antibiotics, to keep the infection at bay, may be long-term....

Becky and Bayard are here at Barnes today for some of their own treatments so I hope to see them before too long and maybe even have lunch together.  Later in the evening, I expect to see Medranos who are bringing some things from home for me.  Anna continues to minister to me, working on my knot-filled back and neck for the second time today.  Feels so good.  She is gifted in loving and caring for me and I am so appreciative of her comforting presence.


1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Becki! Been praying for you and John... also have been relaying your posts from Facebook (forwarded by Mary Badiny) to our church prayer list which is up to 41 folks at the moment. Should be some serious praying being done out there for you and yours! Say hello to John for me.

    Daniel Hutchinson

    ReplyDelete