Friday, February 22, 2013



Friday, continued...

The patient is tucked in all cozy and warm in his own heated bed and warm bedroom.  He is comfortably lying on his side after an excruciating ride home since his tailbone is so sore.  Medranos were our welcoming committee, the garage was open, the lights and heat on, and the driveway and walk all shoveled, with the help of neighbor Randy.  Good Neighbors are such wonderful blessings!

The house looks like a disaster because of my carload of STUFF...seems like spontaneous generation happens in a hospital room. It will take some time to get stuff put away and organized.

Feels wonderful to be home where we belong after 40 days away....so much to be grateful for.  The night I hurriedly packed, I realized that I might not have a husband to bring home....but praise God, I do!

Pictures soon....

1 comment:

  1. We are so happy for you. I am struggling very much to hold back tears as I read and think about your post (and failing at that.) We continue to pray for John everyday. I remember the day that Daddy got to come home after being gone for so long in the hospital and rehab. I think I was more excited than he. Our hearts go out to you and transition back into home. It will be a challenge, but I hope the blessings far out-weight the challenges. Bless your hearts and be of good cheer. There isn't much we can do all the way from Africa except pray and ask others to pray for you also. But that - WE ARE DOING. I am so happy for you that you have brought you husband home again. It is a miracle, for sure!

    ReplyDelete