Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday, February 19
Day 37

David and Becky Dearborn visit on Monday, all garbed up!
Just heard the best news yet from Dr. Chang, our kidney doctor. John's kidneys are functioning at 22% and he no longer needs dialysis. If you remember, that is the prayer that we started praying about 2 weeks ago. So, we can praise God and we can be discharged without the added burden of ongoing dialysis. Still not sure when we can go nor where but that should be figured out pretty soon.

Right now John is shaving...a wonderful sight!  I had helped him one day last week...but I made some grave errors since I am not an expert and it will take
Medranos and Johnny Ruck visit
some time for the repair to take place!

We've already walked once this morning, just John and I.  We had to take along the IV pole because they are giving him a unit of blood.

Yesterday, we had some wonderful visits from friends.  I had invited David and Becky Dearborn, mostly because I wanted to see my friends!  They were both delighted to be able to visit with John. 

After a short visit with him, we went to the waiting room and talked a while longer.  I had to leave for a few minutes because Sandra Diaz dropped off some pinto beans and lentils because I have been craving some beans and legumes.  In her package was also a bunch of Valentine's cards from our Rolla Church family and some granola from Lynn Rosette.  Thanks, Sandra!

David and Becky wanted to go to lunch so we walked to the children's hospital cafeteria.  It is a pretty location and does have good food.


Later last evening, Dom and Marilous and EG Medrano and Johnny Ruck showed up.  After a pleasant visit, they left, and John was ready for sleep.  When I got back to the Lodge, Pat had moved into my room.  I had asked for a roommate if there was someone who needed a place.  That keeps my expenses down.  I was so very tired and ready for sleep by 9.  Her son is 21 and in the hospital for possible Lymphoma so she did not make it back to the room till almost 11.  I introduced myself and talked briefly and then of course could not go to sleep.  John also had a bad night.  He'd had a respiratory therapy treatment just before bed and he was kept awake with coughing.  So we are both pretty wiped out today.

That good news has lifted our spirits, however, as we see the potential for discharge edging nearer!

No comments:

Post a Comment