Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sabbath, March 2, 2013

Snow flurries have been part of most every day this last week, so pretty to see, never amounting to much, though!  They continued this Sabbath morning as I got ready for church, got John's IV infusion done, helped him to prepare for the day, and as I drove to church.  It really was so pretty. 

Going back to Rolla Church today was something I looked forward to and dreaded.  The Sabbath School teacher saw me enter and greeted me with, "Shall we give you a standing ovation, Becki?"  Well, when JOHN comes back to church, that's when we'll need a standing ovation.  It was wonderful to be present again with our people there but inevitably, people's care and concern makes me feel loved and I cry.  So I cried a lot and felt such a range of emotions....but it was good to be there and good to get lots of sincere and kind hugs.

Becki Hamm weds John Knobloch May 14, 1978
After our lunch, we laid in bed with our three wedding albums.  It's been forever since we've looked them over.  Last night we looked at Natasha's birth and so we are on a roll looking at albums.  Our big album has just fallen totally apart and will need redoing.  The album that contains all of our wedding pictures is faring just fine.  Our wedding book is fine, too, and it was so interesting to read various parts, to see the list of gifts received and to see our Guest List, too.  So many dear old friends were there!

This is the very first picture that I saw of our wedding photos.  My friend, Shirley Rigsby Crawford, came down from Stoneham, Massachusetts, to visit us in Taunton.  She knew our photographer and he had sent this one along with her since it was the picture for the newspaper.  I was  delighted to see it.  John posted this on his facebook page ages ago...just LOVE it.  Figured I should share something about our wedding BEFORE I post my blog about our Number 1 daughter---whose birthday I forgot last Monday!    Someday, in another blog, I'll tell you the story of John and I!

1 comment:

  1. I am rejoicing very much that the two of you were able to go through your albums TOGETHER. I am so thankful that you are not alone looking through them missing him. I praise the Lord for the miracles you have witnessed over the last month and a half. SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete