Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

This one is from JOHN!  Written  just as he wrote it for face book.

----------While reflecting on awesome music from the 70's, came across this favorite. It-- took me back to 1969, the yr. of my conversion. Thought I'd briefly share the ingredients of that hour, though acknowledging that all such experiences are very personal and different.

1. Listened to the preaching of Stanley Hiten at the Canoga Park church for a yr. Though I sat in the pew with intentional apathy, I heard about Jesus. That's all he talked about and a "relationship.
2. Saw the battle between good and evil played out in front of me @ SFVA, and in dealing with Jamie Gavin, and his "friends".
3. Was wanting a relationship with a "father".
4. The night it happened, I was alone at home. I went through the most intense struggle for over an hour. If I surrendered to Christ, I would lose my identity. I'd have to give up stuff I cherished.
5. Then as clear as a bell, I felt the Father and Jesus loving me. They had never condemned me for anything I ever did. They understood the "why" of my behaviors. I really felt loved for the 1st time in my life. The dam broke. I caved in and cried for a long time. And for the 1st time, experienced the peace that rock always talked about, and a liberation in my heart that is just unexplainable.
Because of that, I don't condemn anybody. They didn't do it to me! He did not send Jesus into the world to condemn.

Here I am, seemingly struck down, reduced to a skeleton, void of muscle, and trying to make sense of it all. Its so hard, as I loved activity. I just have to go back back to that one night, where the love of God washed over me. Jesus never fails!
 
Wednesday, March 6 -- an e-mail I sent....
Thanks for praying for ME.  I know lots of people are and I am so grateful.  In this past week, I have felt a thawing of my soul...I've been numb for sooooo long.  We have a book just given to us for such a time as this on Psalms 91 that is just so wonderful about the promises of God for protection of ALL kinds.  It takes each verse and has a whole chapter and stories to illustrate.  So wonderful to read together! 

And another, "Passionate Prayer Promises"....When I went to Monument Valley, Utah, for my first job out of college, I had the privilege of learning about the Positive Way, claiming promises and I've claimed promises ever since.  This Passionate Prayer Promises first leads you through a prayer on a particular need (we've looked at the one on Healing), then shares lots of Bible verses on the topic.  Marking my bible with every text really got me into the topic and now I am just loving going through the topic on Forgiveness....praise God He is thawing me out!

And yes, I am being kind to myself.  I've been to the gym twice now and want to get back to my 3 x / week.  I've taken a few good walks too, a daily antidote!  This morning I am getting my hair cut, and EARLY Friday morning, I leave for Annapolis, Maryland.  My brother Jonathan's eldest daughter, Kristin, is getting married.  My two sisters will be there too, so four of us five siblings will be together for two days.  That will do my soul good!  Karissa is arriving late Thursday night and she gave me permission to go if I wanted to go, bless her heart!  I will see her that night and when I get home late Sunday night too. 

Monday, we take John to St. Louis for three medical appointments so she will leave to go back to southern from there.  She and Winston are both so caring and intuitive and so touchy-feely....it's blessing!  She is in Florida right now for spring break.  On her own, she decided to fly back to Chattanooga (she drove down with a carload of girls), and drive over here to be with us for a few days....

John had a crummy day on Monday, the worst since he's been home....we cried together a lot.  Then yesterday, he said it was his best since we've been home....amazing!

OK...love and blessings to you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment