Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sabbath, May 25, 2013
It's a Happy Sabbath. John has had a pretty good week.
Yesterday, he outdid himself and actually mowed a section of our yard. Without good core strength, he felt the internal pressure through his middle but he felt good doing it for the first time. Our neighbors, Randy and Susan, have blessed us with the gift of mowing all this time, during the time when grass grows the fastest!
I think our yard is the brightest with color on our street. Love my sweet williams which are so bright and cheerful. The pansies were planted last fall and lasted all winter. They just just gotten brighter and brighter! My corner herb garden is growing nicely, too
All this to enjoy despite a nasty case of pink (well, in my case RED!) eye.  Despite these itchy, irritated eyes, I have much to be glad about.  Remember PollyAnna?  Her dad had taught her the glad game...trying to always figure out what to be glad about. 

This last week I listened to the book.  Winston (Karissa's boyfriend) had bought me the movie and I watched it recently, then decided to listen to the book.  And I loved it!  The whole moral of the story is about being glad/thankful in all things...truly a biblical principle.

I am glad I still have a husband who is ALIVE!  I am glad I have a "ministry" job.  I am so glad for our two beautiful daughters.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment