Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sabbath, May 11, 2013...still in Branson!

Interesting pair of turkeys
It has been a glorious and restful Sabbath.  I took my Bible and "Passionate Prayer Promises" out to the picnic table and while enjoying the fresh air and sunshine did a study on peace.  My biggest lesson from the 30 verses that I studied is that peace comes from keeping our mind on Christ.  So often I start to worry, trying to find solutions, and zippo--there goes my peace cause my mind isn't focusing on Christ.  Sounds so simple--why is it so hard?

After lunch, we walked twice around the lake at Fox Cove.  John was feeling so good in the fresh air and sunshine.  We also drove around and saw some of the residential areas, seeing
Poppies growing by the lake at Fox Cove
two turkeys in one yard.  Then as we headed back toward our condo, we stopped at a playground by the creek.  It is a beautiful creek with little waterfalls here and there and the sounds are so refreshing and musical.  We found several pretty rocks including one with some fossils in it. 

We made time for some good prayer together.  With John starting back to work this week, we need all the guidance and wisdom and direction that we can get!  Thank you, Holy Spirit! 


Mini blue butterflies flitting around stump
Steel bridge above Roark Creek






No comments:

Post a Comment