Saturday, May 24, 2014

Yes, it was a year ago today that John had that horrendous surgery to repair his aortic dissection.  For sure, I was numb from shock.  Dom and Marilou had come with me to the hospital in St Louis.  And by this time, Natasha and Jeremy had arrived.  Jeremy picked Karissa up at the airport about 9.  So we were all just in a waiting mode as surgery progressed.  It was comforting to have my kids there...
Sharing the memories helps me to continue the processing that has sped up my healing.  So any dialogue is so much appreciated--virtual or otherwise!

As we awoke this morning, tears came easily as I had the privilege of pressing close to John's warm body.  Thinking about nearly losing him brings me to tears.  Not because it would destroy me, but because it would be a great loss and eventually, lonely.  He's been my "fulcrum" (around which my life rotated) for 35 years, with ups and downs, yes, but a natural part of life.

Best to distract my mind at this point or I will continue weeping....
Heading to the couch for my quiet time and reading.  Been so blessed by reading a Chronological Bible, rereading and studying Purpose Driven Life, and by a new prayer life with John.  I write in our Prayer Journal and take turns praying.  We are learning to pray very specific prayers.  I just started that the other day and have five "healing" areas for John's body and mind and at least as many for MINE!
 
Yesterday, I had a wonderful day.  After lunch, I met my friend Bev at Lowes to purchase lumber for her raised bed.  Bob had approved $300.  The receipt was way over at $302!  We picked up James then proceeded to Bob and Bev's place for my orientation to my new job.  I will be filling in for them two 18 hr shifts so that they can escape the wear and tear of having teenage foster boys.  My job will also be cooking them a special lunch and having it all on the table when they come in from church.  I have two trainings to attend before the end of January.  It was a good start yesterday!
OK...onward and forward with lots of love for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment