Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

John watching the school kids play
John and I went to see Dr. Martin yesterday, our cardiologist.  Ever since, John has been gloating!  I guess I can say I am glad....!  He said John is doing great and that his lifting and weights are all OK.  I've had concerns cause John is so anxious to get it all back that I fear he might overdo it.  But, now I will not worry mostly because it won't do any good!

The doctor did share that John will probably not be a candidate for any kind of internal "mesh" to replace the abdominal muscle simple because it would be another possible source of infection.  With all the infection that John has had, it would just not be indicated.  We will pray for increased strength for him in that area and that God will continue the healing that HE began.

So yesterday, John worked out at Anytime Fitness in the morning, went to the doctor in the afternoon, followed by an orientation and workout at the Cardiac Rehab gym.  After I got home and ate supper, we drove down to our walking trail and John walked for 30 minutes; not fast, but continuous.

We are encouraged and John is itching to be involved
John visits with kids in Miss Gina's 4 year old class
again in his heart-work of ministry.  He did visit his school kids on Monday.  They had all been at music festival on Sabbath when he went to church for the first time.  But they very quickly heard that he had been there and it was their big "buzz" for the day!  They WERE happy to see him and he received many warm hugs.  He even visited the day care downstairs and got lots of littler hugs there.  He was thrilled with those warm little arms around his neck, as I am every day!

My heart-work of ministry at the day care takes about all I've got.  I started my day early and prayed for each staff person by name.  Each one of them is my mission field.  They each one extend the mission of our church as we all love our kids and minister to the parents as well.  I also prayed for each parent, though not by name.

I'm excited for our garden project.  Looks like it should be built this Friday...whooppee!  Four raised beds to which we will add straw bale and pallet gardens.  Pam and I are thrilled with all we can share with school and day care kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment